Casanare, Colombia – September 24, 2020
Following its priority to continue caring of the health of its employees, contractors and neighbors during the selective isolation phase announced by the National Government, GeoPark has strengthened its protocols to prevent contagion and has intensified inspections on the application of biosafety protocols. The measures apply to workers and contractors entering, staying in and leaving operations, and include:
- The application of antigen tests, authorized by the Ministry of Health, to all personnel entering the field. If any of these show positive results, the worker will not enter the field.
- The extension of work shifts, as well as the capacity of the bedrooms so that all employees and contractors spend the night inside the Llanos 34 block, respecting the use of masks and the rules of physical distancing.
- The implementation of ‘Covid-19 prevention leaders’ scheme in each of the work crews to reinforce care measures during all operational activities.
- The adoption of a bubble strategy that consists of the formation of work groups made up of a maximum of 5 people who do not come into contact with anyone other than their group during their shift. This measure allows greater control over contacts and minimizes the risk of contagion.
- Traditional controls for the entry and permanence of workers in the field, which include the systematic measurement of temperature, the completion of a health diagnosis, training on the prevention and control of Covid-19, and the supply of personal protection elements.
- Systematic and thorough disinfection of all communal areas in the field.
All the measures adopted by the Company in the framework of the health emergency, as well as the efforts it has developed since the emergency started can be seen on the Covid-19 Preparedness and Response page.
The biosecurity procedures implemented in the Llanos 34 block were awarded the Safeguard accreditation by international certification and inspection entity Bureau Veritas, due to the effectiveness of the protocols to prevent the spread of Covid-19. To continue promoting the best contagion prevention practices throughout the value chain, the Company is currently accompanying its main contractors to accredit their protocols under this same standard.
GeoPark reiterates its commitment to the care and integrity of all people who interact with its operation. For this reason, it will continue to establish all the necessary measures to prevent the spread of the virus and cooperate with local authorities to overcome the health emergency.